The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there is you’re willing to work.
Three-day weekends are amazing!!! I could get used to this. Probably should look into making a career switch so I could have every other Friday off like my hubby. I will have to get on that. I am glad that I got my blog started last Friday. I did not realize how much work I would have to put in right off the bat, and it was nice to have the weekend to get things figured out. I definitely needed a little pick me up to get the blog off and running.
I just love this time of the year when I can order a soy pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. Delish!
Lately, I have decided that I like to have goals in my life. I came up with some things I would like to accomplish before my milestone 30th birthday. The 30 things to do before turning 30 list! Here is what I came up with:
start a blog
2. run a half marathon
3. visit 25 out of the 50 states (I have only been to 15 so far as of today)
4. take a class that interest me
5. start a family
put a stamp in my passport
7. learn to cook
8. visit my brother in Washington D.C.
9. clean out my closet
10. meet/see an elephant
11. start going to church on the regular
12. throw a party
13. give my bedroom a makeover
meet a famous person
15. upgrade our kitchen appliances
16. learn to garden
17. go on a ski trip
18. start having a weekly date night with the hubby
19. go camping
20. start tradition of annual reunion with my girlfriends who live so far away
be debt free except the mortgage (on Dave Ramsey’s plan)
22. redesign my living room
23. have a garage sale
24. go caffeine-free
25. go on a vacation with my family
26. get a promotion
27. volunteer somewhere I am passionate about
28. update my bathroom
29. upload all my photos to shutterfly for safe keeping
30. lose 30 pounds
Okay, so the list is a little daunting. To get them all done before my 30th birthday, I need to complete about one thing a month. Fortunately, I have already crossed a few things off the list.
1. Kicking the blog off was one thing I was dying to do. I started reading blogs on a regular basis this year when my mom emailed me a link to a food blog. I was hooked! I loved the lifestyle twist and all the yummy recipes that they offered.
2. I had read Dave Ramsey’s book last year and was able to cross off a huge step. I would totally recommend the plan to anyone who wants to improve their finances.
3. My mom helped me accomplish another one of my goals of meeting a famous person.
Oh Josh Turner, you have such an amazing voice. Swoon!
4. I added a stamp to my passport this year when I traveled to Playa del Carmen.
Gorge!!! My darling husband has taken me there the last two years for our anniversary to get me away from my everyday stress.
We went to the Royal Playa del Carmen both years. We thought about trying a new resort, but the location and food selection was way too good to pass up.
Well, I will be turning 28 in January and I will keep everyone posted on how my goals are coming along. Here is to accomplishing them all!
What are some of your goals?