Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
My favorite season has arrived! It is time for football, holidays, and finally a hint of cooler weather. With so much to look forward to, it is hard to not wake up with a smile on my face, and there was lots of smiling going on this weekend with my family in town to watch my cousin’s Tulane football game.
I sure would not want to be the player that has to go up against that guy! My favorite part about football, besides getting to watch my cousin play, is the tailgate celebrations! As long as you have good food and beer, you are set to go. I handled the food this weekend and made…
Tailgate Egg Sandwiches
12 English Muffins
12 slices American cheese
12 slices ham
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin pan with non-stick spray. Place one egg in each slot and use a fork to break the yoke. Bake for 25 minutes.
2. While eggs cook, toast English Muffins. Top each half with piece of cheese.
3. Layer ham on top.
4. Sprinkle pepper over eggs.
5. Assemble sandwiches with cooked eggs.
6. Wrap individually in foil.
These sandwiches can be made in 30 minutes to leave plenty of time for tailgating. There is not need for silverware or plates. Just toss them in a bag and people can grab and go!
You might have to make two batches, though, because these are definitely a crowd pleaser! I can’t wait to serve them at my next Kansas tailgate.
What is your favorite tailgate sandwich?