I can be changed by what happens to me. I refuse to be reduced by it.
Fatigue has been my excuse to let some things fall between the cracks. I mean this literally, like in my floors that haven’t been swept all week. After letting dishes and grime pile up in my sink, I decided it was time to take action. I started by coating the sink in baking soda.
Then simply poured boiling water in it.
After a quick wipe, it was nice and shiny again.
I love simple cleaning techniques that allow me to start on my next mess…
½ package MorningStar Grillers Recipe Crumbles (substitute ½ pound ground beef, if desired)
1 packet taco seasoning
4-6 small corn tortillas
½ can fat-free refried beans
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
sour cream, lettuce, and tomato to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour meat crumbles into skillet and mix in taco seasoning as directed.
2. In a small, round baking dish, start by layering meat crumbles.
3. Spread beans over tortilla and lay on top.
4. I used two tortillas per layer to completely cover.
5. Top with more meat crumbles.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top. Continue with layering until dish is full. Then bake for 25-30 minutes.
Spicy, melt-in-your-mouth perfection at its best! I savor eat bite with a little bit of cool tomatoes and sour cream.
I like to keep it simple these days, and this dish is definitely simple. When Mexican sounds good, it’s an easy option to turn to.
Since I am currently cooking for just two, this is the perfect sized dish to avoid crazy leftovers.
Have you tried substituting MorningStar Grillers Recipe Crumbles for ground beef?